Browse Items (86 total)
- Tags: Historic buildings - Jamaica
View of remaining structure of Two Sisters Hotel in Port Henderson being restored. It was a frequent weekend resort of Gen. George Nugent, former Lieutenant-Governor of Jamaica, and Lady Nugent.
The symmetrical facade and the classical portico with its pediment supported by tall columns make this 18th century building a particularly fine example of Georgian architecture.
Plan of a south west view of the old Courthouse in Half-way Tree that was built in 1807 to replace another courthouse in that same location.
A front view of Devon House with a water fountain in the yard.
A front view of the historic Spanish Town Cathedral in St. Catherine Jamaica.
Front view of the Wesleyan church in Red Hills before the devastating 1907 earthquake. Three female members of the congregation are standing in the…