Browse Items (7 total)

  • Tags: Port Henderson (St. Catherine, Jamaica)

The Arms, Port Henderson

d_0008273_arms_port_henderson.jpg
Stone building known as "The Arms" or "Rodney's Lookout" or "Rodney's Arm", located in the old port town of Port Henderson, St. Catherine. It was built by Admiral George Rodney on a summit of the Port Henderson Hills
between 1780- 1782 as an old…

One hundred and eleven ships Port Henderson, Jamaica

d_0007532_one_hundred_eleven_ships_port_henderson.jpg
Photograph captioned "One hundred and eleven ships, Port Henderson, Jamaica" with three Caucasian men, dressed in suits and hats, sitting in a bushy area.

View of Two Sisters', Port Henderson

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0001627_view_two_sisters.jpg
View of remaining structure of Two Sisters Hotel in Port Henderson being restored. It was a frequent weekend resort of Gen. George Nugent, former Lieutenant-Governor of Jamaica, and Lady Nugent.