The Arms, Port Henderson

d_0008273_arms_port_henderson.jpg

Title

The Arms, Port Henderson

Description

Stone building known as "The Arms" or "Rodney's Lookout" or "Rodney's Arm", located in the old port town of Port Henderson, St. Catherine. It was built by Admiral George Rodney on a summit of the Port Henderson Hills
between 1780- 1782 as an old signaling station.

Subject

Stone buildings - Jamaica; Portmore (St. Catherine, Jamaica); Port Henderson (St. Catherine, Jamaica); Historic buildings - Jamaica

Source

NLJ Photograph Collection

Identifier

D0008273

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be obtained from the National Library of Jamaica.

Format

JPEG

Type

Photograph

Social Bookmarking

Citation

“The Arms, Port Henderson,” National Library of Jamaica Digital Collection , accessed March 1, 2021, https://nljdigital.nlj.gov.jm/items/show/7431.