Browse Items (96 total)
- Tags: Historic buildings - Jamaica
View of remaining structure of Two Sisters Hotel in Port Henderson being restored. It was a frequent weekend resort of Gen. George Nugent, former Lieutenant-Governor of Jamaica, and Lady Nugent.
The symmetrical facade and the classical portico with its pediment supported by tall columns make this 18th century building a particularly fine example of Georgian architecture.
Plan of a south west view of the old Courthouse in Half-way Tree that was built in 1807 to replace another courthouse in that same location.
A front view of Devon House with a water fountain in the yard.
A front view of the historic Spanish Town Cathedral in St. Catherine Jamaica.
Three peasant women carry heavy loads on their heads along a dirt road in the country.