Browse Items (27 total)

  • Tags: St. Mary (Jamaica)

Lyndale Home for Girls - Highgate

d_0009366_lyndale_home_girls.jpg
A view of the Lyndale Home for Girls, established by the Friends' Union in Jamaica. The Home officially opened in January 1922 and was formerly known from 1904 as the Happy Grove Industrial School for East Indian Girls.

Lyndale Home for Girls, Highgate

d_0009365_lyndale_home_girls.jpg
A section of the two-storey building of the Lyndale Home for Girls, established by the Friends' Union in Jamaica. The Home officially opened in January 1922 and was formerly known from 1904 as the Happy Grove Industrial School for East Indian Girls.

Swift Purcell Home for Boys - Highgate

d_0009363_swift_pursell_home_boys.jpg
View of the Swift Purcell Home for orphaned boys, located in Highgate, St. Mary and established in the early 1900s by Mama Swift and Mr. A. Purcell of the Quakers/Society of Friends.

Robin's Bay, North Shore

d_0009249_p731_robins_bay_north_shore.jpg
View of the beach at Robin's Bay in St. Mary, Jamaica.

10 3/4" x 14 3/4" watercolour painting.

Holy Trinity Retreat

d_0009229_holy_trinity_retreat.jpg
Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Retreat, St. Mary.
From views of churches, rectories and other Diocesan buildings in Jamaica in March 1931.

On the road to Castleton, Jamaica

d_0008847_on_road_castleton_jamaica2.jpg
Persons walking on a dirt road leading to Castleton in St. Mary, Jamaica.

Rio Nuevo, St. Mary

d_0008533_rio_nuevo_st_mary.jpg
Drawing of a section of the Rio Nuevo river flowing through St. Mary, Jamaica.