Browse Items (32 total)

  • Tags: Spanish Town (St. Catherine, Jamaica)

Court House, Spanish Town, St. Catherine

d_0006581_court_house_spanish_town.jpg
Built in 1819, this Georgian building is notable for its brick construction and cupula topped by a lantern.

Prof. Barry Chevannes and Governor General General Sir Howard Cooke unveiling plaque

d_0006340_barry_chevannes_howard_cooke_plaque.jpg
Governor General Sir Howard Cooke and Professor Barry Chevannes unveiling the slavery abolition plaque at the Old King's House portico, where British Colonial Governor, Lionel Cooke, had declared the abolition of slavery in Jamaica.

Ceremony to unveil plaque commemorating Sir Lionel Smith's proclamation of Abolition 1838

d_0006339_ceremony_unveil_abolition_plaque.jpg
Governor General Most Hon. Sir Howard Cooke and other dignitaries in attendance at an unveiling ceremony of a slavery abolition plaque at old King's House in Spanish Town, St. Catherine.

No. 5 Wellington Street

d_0006314_no_5_wellington_street.jpg
Two-storey house along Wellington Street in Spanish Town, St. Catherine.

House on White Church Street, Spanish Town, St. Catherine

d_0006243_house_white_church_street_spanish_town.jpg
The window shades and louvres are typical architectural adaptations to Jamaica’s tropical climate.