Browse Items (39 total)

  • Collection: Trelawny, Jamaica

Falmouth Pier (aerial)

d_0004382_falmouth_pier_aerial.jpg
Aerial view of the Falmouth Pier showing a Royal Caribbean International Cruise Ship at the pier.

The Falmouth Courthouse

d_0004376_falmouth_courthouse.JPG
View of the Falmouth Courthouse that was originally completed in 1817.

The Baptist Manse, Falmouth

d_0004375_baptist_manse_falmouth.JPG
This Baptist church building, built in 1798 is of Georgian architecture and was the first masonic temple in Jamaica. In 1834, it was sold to the Baptist Missionary because of the amount of debt that was incurred from its construction. It later became…

The Barrett House - Falmouth

d_0004370_barrett_house_falmouth.JPG
The Barrett House, once owned by Edward Barrett, was built in 1799. The windows and doors have been sealed with concrete to prevent further deterioration of the ruins.

Phoenix Foundry (The Dome), Falmouth

d_0004369_phoenix_foundry_dome_falmouth.JPG
The Phoenix Foundry or 'The Dome' in Falmouth, Trelawny is one of the oldest surviving industrial complexes in Jamaica. It was built by engineer, Mr. Fields, and it served as a metal factory for repairing ships.

Falmouth Water Square

d_0004348_falmouth_water_square.JPG
The main town square of Falmouth - the Water Square. It is so called because of a large reservoir which was once in the middle of the square. The refurbished square features a water fountain and is surrounded by several buildings of Georgian…

Falmouth Pier - buildings

d_0004347_falmouth_pier_buildings.JPG
View of the Falmouth Pier with several buildings being constructed.

Falmouth Pier - entrance

d_0004346_falmouth_pier_entrance.JPG
Entrance to the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny, with several posters relating to the history of Jamaica, Trelawny and Falmouth.

Falmouth Pier - aerial

d_0004339_falmouth_pier_aerial.jpg
Aerial view of the Falmouth Pier, Trelawny.

Albert George Market Clocktower

d_0004334_albert_george_market_clocktower.JPG
Clocktower above the Albert George Market in the Falmouth Water Square. It was built in 1894.