Browse Items (3153 total)

"Greetings from Ja." - Cane River Falls, Ja. (A. Duperly and sons)

d_0004809_greetings_from_ja_cane_river_falls.jpg
Large rocks surrounding the waterfalls at Cane River in Bull Bay (St. Thomas). A young man leans against one of the boulders.

"Greetings from Jamaica" - Roaring River Falls, St. Anns (A. Duperly and sons)

d_0004813_greetings_from_jamaica_roaring_river_falls_st_anns.jpg
Scenic view of the waterfalls at the Roaring River in St. Ann, Jamaica, cascading through lush vegetation.

"Peas Please"

http://45.33.1.181/images/d_0004248_peas_please.jpg
Image showing several quarts of red kidney beans, also known as red peas. Some white beans can also be seen.

10 Miles Main Road (St. Thomas)

d_0004550_ten_miles_main_road_st_thomas.jpg
"In this picture, a woman tests the depths of the "lake" which has developed in the road near Ten Miles."

17th Century negro girl from Barbados

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0003082_17th_century_negro_barb.jpg
A seventeenth century African woman from Barbados attired in European styled dress.

17th or 18th Century House, Stokes Hall, St. Thomas

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0004041_stokes_hall.jpg
Ruins of the Stokes Hall Great House in the parish of St. Thomas. It was destroyed by the great earthquake of 1907.

18 Monk Street, Rio Cobre Approved School, Spanish Town

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0000960_18_monk_street_app_sch.jpg
The Rio Cobre Approved School in Spanish Town, St. Catherine.

18th century church, Rio Bueno, Trelawny

d_0004221_church_rio_bueno.jpg
Photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Rio Bueno, Trelawny. St. Marks was consecrated as an Anglican Parish Church in 1833 after a petition for the establishment of a church by Rio Bueno inhabitants.

18th century Hospital, Kellits, Clarendon

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0002550_18th_century_hospital.jpg
The ruins of an 18th century hospital in Kellits, Clarendon.

18th century house, Half Way Tree, St. Andrew

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0003993_18th_century_house.jpg
Two-storey 18th century board house with semi-circular steps at the entrance in Half Way Tree, St. Andrew. Trees overhang a dirt road.