The Port Maria Civic Centre

d_0004514_port_maria_civic_centre.JPG

Dublin Core

Title

The Port Maria Civic Centre

Description

A front view of the Port Maria Civic Centre building that once housed the main court house and police station for the parish of St. Mary. It was originally built in 1821 and was in constant use until it was destroyed by fire in 1988. After being renovated, it was opened as the Civic Centre in 2000.

Subject

Port Maria (St. Mary, Jamaica); St. Mary (Jamaica); Courthouses - St. Mary; Public buildings - Jamaica; Architecture, Georgian; Civic centres

Creator

National Library of Jamaica

Source

NLJ Born-Digital Collection

Format

JPEG

Type

Photograph

Identifier

D0004514

Rights

Permission to reproduce this image must be obtained from the National Library of Jamaica.

Publisher

25-Jun-14

Social Bookmarking

Collection

Citation

National Library of Jamaica, “The Port Maria Civic Centre,” National Library of Jamaica Digital Collection , accessed August 18, 2018, http://nljdigital.nlj.gov.jm/items/show/3271.