Browse Items (194 total)

  • Collection: Kingston, Jamaica

Jamaica National Heritage Trust (Headquarters House)

d_0004480_jamaica_national_heritage_trust.JPG
The building known as Hibbert or Headquarters House on Duke Street, Kingston, which now houses the head office of the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. Headquarters House was built in 1755 by English merchant, Thomas Hibbert.

George William Gordon House

d_0004479_george_william_gordon_house.JPG
Gordon House, the official meeting place of the Jamaican Government, located at the intersection of Duke and Beeston Streets in Kingston.

Marcus Garvey Drive Roadworks, 2016

d_0004464_marcus_garvey_drive_roadworks.JPG
Road construction taking place along the Marcus Garvey thoroughfare in Kingston.

Red Hills Wesleyan Church, Kingston, before the earthquake

d_0004463_red_hills_wesleyan_church_kingston.jpg
Front view of the Wesleyan church in Red Hills before the devastating 1907 earthquake. Three female members of the congregation are standing in the churchyard.

Ebenezer Wesleyan Church Kingston, Jamaica - restored

d_0004462_ebenezer_wesleyan_church_kingston.jpg
Exterior of the restored Ebenezer Wesleyan Church in Kingston. It was badly damaged by the earthquake of 1907.

Sutton Wesleyan Church, Kingston, before the earthquake

d_0004461_sutton_wesley_church_kingston.jpg
Interior of the Sutton Wesleyan Church before the 1907 earthquake. There is a spiral staircase leading to the second storey.

Roman Catholic Cathedral, Kingston

d_0004456_roman_catholic_cathedral_kingston.jpg
The Holy Trinity Cathedral located on North Street, Kingston and built in 1911 to replace the Holy Trinity Church on Duke and Sutton Streets,Kingston, that was destroyed by the 1907 earthquake.

Interior - Coke Memorial Church, Kingston - before earthquake

d_0004455_interior_coke_memorial_church.jpg
Photograph showing the inside of the Coke Memorial Methodist Church before the earthquake of 1907.

East Queen Street Baptist Church

d_0004447_east_queen_st_baptist_church.jpg
Front view of the historic East Queen Street Baptist Church, dedicated in 1822.

Sign at Bog Walk Gorge

d_0004418_sign_bog_walk_gorge.JPG
A sign on a stone wall at Bog Walk Gorge in St. Catherine showing the flood level on August 16, 1933 after heavy rains. The stone wall was completed in 1874.