Manchester, the last parish created in Jamaica, was formed in 1814 out of parts of the surrounding parishes of St. Elizabeth, Clarendon and Vere and was named after the Duke of Manchester who was Governor at that time.
Four men are in conversation in the middle of the road in Porus, Manchester. Wooden buildings are on both sides of the road, a horse-drawn carriage is parked along the dirt road.
An aerial view of upscale residential houses in Mandeville, Jamaica.
Church members attending service at the Porus Anglican Church in Manchester, Jamaica in 1951. The building is made of brick and is enclosed by stonewall fence.