Browse Items (130 total)

  • Tags: Historic buildings - Jamaica

The Arms, Port Henderson

d_0008273_arms_port_henderson.jpg
Stone building known as "The Arms" or "Rodney's Lookout" or "Rodney's Arm", located in the old port town of Port Henderson, St. Catherine. It was built by Admiral George Rodney on a summit of the Port Henderson Hills
between 1780- 1782 as an old…

Street in Spanish Town

d_0008229_street_spanish_town.jpg
Children playing on a street in the old capital of Spanish Town, St. Catherine. The road leading to Red Church Street is to the left, between a white washed brick wall and a broken down brick wall.