Browse Items (96 total)

  • Tags: Historic buildings - Jamaica

View of Two Sisters', Port Henderson

http://nlj.gov.jm/Digital-Images/d_0001627_view_two_sisters.jpg
View of remaining structure of Two Sisters Hotel in Port Henderson being restored. It was a frequent weekend resort of Gen. George Nugent, former Lieutenant-Governor of Jamaica, and Lady Nugent.

Titchfield Hotel

d_0007792_titchfield_hotel_port_antonio.jpg
View of the multilevel Titchfield Hotel, located on a peninsula in Port Antonio, Portland.

The King's House, Spanish Town

d_0008269_kings_house_spanish_town.jpg
Historic print of the old King's House in Spanish Town, St. Catherine. King's House was built in 1762 on the site of the Old Spanish Hall of Audience which was demolished in 1761.

The Jamaica Folk Museum, Spanish Town

d_0008268_jamaican_folk_museum_spanish_town.jpg
The Jamaican Folk Museum (later known as Jamaican Peoples' Museum) located in Spanish Town, St. Catherine. "This museum displays the folk crafts, arts and folk technology of Jamaica and includes tools, building, materials, ceramics, baskets,…

The Court House, Port Maria

d_0008249_court_house_port_maria.jpg
View of the court house in Port Maria, St. Mary. This Georgian architecture building was built in 1821.

The Court House and Town Hall, Spanish Town

d_0008247_court_house_town_hall_spanish_town.jpg
Georgian architecture building in Spanish Town, housing the Courthouse on the lower level and Town Hall on the upper level.